The purpose of the Association is two-fold. First, to provide a Christian support group for parents and others involved and/or interested in teaching their children and to encourage the high standard of excellence throughout all the membership. Second, to further the appreciation of home schooling in the community through education and media communication.
“Everyone Home Schools for the Glory of God”
“To safeguard, promote and encourage home schooling for the Glory of God in central Texas families by assuming a regional leadership role in partnership with local, regional, state and national ministries, businesses and governments. We believe home schooling to be parent-dependent education which reflects the biblical mandate for parents to be the primary teacher and discipler of their children.”
CHEACT Board members are volunteer home school Moms and Dads. The CHEACT Board is comprised of the following board positions:
CHEACT is funded by membership dues, conference fundraisers and individual gifts. CHEACT is thankful for the volunteers that make CHEACT possible, and also for the wisdom and experience of our advisory council.
What We Believe
We believe that the responsibility to train and educate our children is given by God to parents and is best fulfilled by teaching the children at home. Home education has consistently been shown to produce intelligent, confident, well-adjusted young adults. However when educating at home it is easy to feel isolated. Home education is not easy. For this reason, CHEACT supports the Central Texas area Christian home schoolers.
CHEACT Biblical Basis
- The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God and constitutes completed and final revelation. The Bible in it’s original autograph, is without error in whole and in part, including theological concepts as well as geographical and historical details.
- God has existed for all eternity in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ was God come in Human Flesh being fully God and fully man except without sin.
- All men are in violation of God’s righteous requirements and His Holy character both by nature and by act, and therefore are under His wrath and just condemnation. The central purpose of the coming of Jesus Christ was to pay the penalty for man’s sin through substitutionary death on the cross – the successful accomplishment of which was attested to by His subsequent visible, bodily resurrection.
- Salvation is offered as a gift, free to the sinner. This gift must be responded to in individual faith, not trusting in any personal works whatsoever, but in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ alone.
- We hold as belief and conviction that children are given by God as a stewardship to the parent and not the state and that parents have the wherewithal and authority to teach and educate their own children (Pr. 22:6: Deut. 6:6,7: Eph. 6:4).
How CHEACT Supports You
- Encouraging the educational growth of home schooling parents by supporting educational workshops and seminars covering a variety of academic topics.
- Organize an annual used curriculum sale.
- Sharing insights and praying for needs.
- Organizing events to encourage and promote home schooling
- Informing Texas home schoolers about pertinent legislative and judicial developments.
- Providing CHEACT email for answering questions and offering a communication network to inform home schoolers of existing services, ministries and support systems.